The athletes were recognized at a breakfast on Monday, October 15:
- Rebecca Weckworth, third year nutrition, Huskie Athletics All-Academic First and U SPORTS Academic All-Canadian Team
- Kaylee Halvorson, second year pharmacy, Huskie Athletics All-Academic Second Team
A breakfast in Marquis Hall honoured the 175 student-athletes, trainers and managers, equaling over 43 per cent of all Huskies, who made the All-Academic Team for the 2017-18 season. Athletes, trainers and managers from all 15 teams are included and represented ten colleges at the University of Saskatchewan.
There are three types of members on the team:
- The Huskie Athletics All-Academic First Team includes student athletes, managers and trainers who have obtained a sessional average of at least 79.5 per cent on a minimum course load of 24 credit units.
- The U SPORTS Academic All-Canadian team were U SPORTS athletes that had at least an 80 per cent average on a minimum of 18 credit units. These athletes used CIS eligibility last year.
- The Huskie Athletics All-Academic Second Team consists of student athletes, managers and trainers who have obtained a sessional average of at least 74.5 per cent on a minimum course load of 24 credit units.