Social and Administrative Pharmacy. Areas of interest include health service delivery and management; health policy; pharmacoeconomics and pharmacoepidemiology.
Chief areas of interest are organization and motivation of health service workers; relationship between health policies and drug utilization patterns in the community; international health.
Recent studies have focused on the role of equity perceptions among physicians on their wish to reallocate time among patient care, teaching and research, continuing education and administrative activities. Interprofession education, interdisciplinary collaboration among various community-based health care professionals and health literacy in emerging developed countries are other core areas of Dr. Dobson's research.
- D. Goodridge, G. Westhorp, T. Rotter, R. Dobson and B. Bath (2015) Lean and leadership practices: Development of an initial realist program theory. BMC Health Services Research 15: 362. Link
- L. Kinsman, T. Rotter, K. Stevenson, B. Bath, D. Goodrich, L. Harrison, R. Dobson, N. Sari, C. Jeffrey, C. Bourassa and G. Westhorp (2014) “The largest Lean transformation in the world”: the implementation and evaluation of Lean in Saskatchewan health care. Health Care Quarterly, 17 (2), 29-32.
- J. Pena-Sanchez, R. Lepnurm, D. Keegan, R. Dobson, and Silvia Bermedo-Carrasco (2014) Payment method as a predictor of daily distress experienced by physicians. Journal of Hospital Administration, 3 (5): 1-13.
- J. Pena-Sanchez, R. Lepnurm, R. Dobson, and D. Keegan (2014) Impact of payment methods on professional equity of physicians. Journal of Hospital Administration, 3 (2): 50-60.
- D. Ignacio, R. Extavour, P. Townsend and R. Dobson (2013) Pursuing additional pharmacy education among practicing pharmacists in Trinidad and Tobago. Pharmacy Education, 13 (1): 70-74.
- R. Lepnurm, R. Dobson, L. Stamler, D. Persaud, D. Keegan, B. Brownbridge, 2012. The contribution of work environment to nurses' assessments of the quality of patient care. Healthcare Management Forum, 25 (2), pp. 70-79.