Dr. Haddadi joined the College of Pharmacy and Nutrition in July 2010, following positions as Research Associate at the University of Alberta and Senior Scientist at the Quest PharmaTech Inc. in Edmonton. She arrived in Alberta as a Research Scholar in 2003 and completed a three-year Postdoctoral Fellowship there.
Pharmaceutics, Vaccine Delivery, Targeted Nanoparticles
Dr. Haddadi’s research program focuses on overcoming the ongoing challenges in cancer therapy. The main emphasis of this research is to develop new biomedical and pharmaceutical nanotechnology strategies to achieve the critical issues in cancer chemo-immunotherapy. Her research activities are in the following areas:
- Formulation and characterization of polymeric nanomaterials and protein therapeutics
- siRNA/Oligonucletide delivery in cancer treatment
- Targeted delivery systems for pharmaceutical applications (topical, iv. or sc. administration)
- Receptor-mediated nanoparticles for vaccine delivery
- Receptor-based tumor targeting for chemotherapy
View Dr. Haddadi's Google Scholar Citations Profile
- Izadifar, M., Kelly, M.E., Haddadi, A., Chen, X. Optimization of nanoparticles for cardiovascular tissue engineering (2015) Nanotechnology, 26 (23), art. no. 235301.
- Izadifar, M., Haddadi, A., Chen, X., Kelly, M.E. Rate-programming of nano-particulate delivery systems for smart bioactive scaffolds in tissue engineering (2015) Nanotechnology, 26 (1), art. no. 012001.
- Sadat, S.M., Saeidnia, S., Nazarali, A.J., Haddadi, A. Nano-pharmaceutical formulations for targeted drug delivery against HER2 in breast cancer (2015) Current Cancer Drug Targets, 15 (1), pp. 71-86.
- Haddadi, A., Hamdy, S., Ghotbi, Z., Samuel, J., Lavasanifar, A. Immunoadjuvant activity of the nanoparticles' surface modified with mannan (2014) Nanotechnology, 25 (35), art. no. 355101.
- Saeidnia, S., Gohari, A.R., Haddadi, A., Amin, G., Nikan, M., Hadjiakhoondi, A. Presence of monoterpene synthase in four Labiatae species and Solid-Phase Microextraction- Gas chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy analysis of their aroma profiles (2014) Pharmacognosy Research, 6 (2), pp. 138-142. Link
- Saeidnia, S., Gohari, A.R., Haddadi, A. Biogenic trypanocidal sesquiterpenes: Lead compounds to design future trypanocidal drugs - A mini review (2013) DARU, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 21 (1), art. no. 35. Link
- Korbelik, M., Madiyalakan, R., Woo, T., Haddadi, A. Antitumor efficacy of photodynamic therapy using novel nanoformulations of hypocrellin photosensitizer SL052 (2012) Photochemistry and Photobiology, 88 (1), pp. 188-193.
- Hamdy, S., Haddadi, A., Hung, R.W., Lavasanifar, A. Targeting dendritic cells with nano-particulate PLGA cancer vaccine formulations (2011) Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 63 (10-11), pp. 943-955.
- Hamdy, S., Haddadi, A., Shayeganpour, A., Samuel, J., Lavasanifar, A. Activation of antigen-specific T cell-responses by mannan-decorated PLGA nanoparticles (2011) Pharmaceutical Research, 28 (9), pp. 2288-2301.
- Alshamsan, A., Hamdy, S., Haddadi, A., Samuel, J., El-Kadi, A.O.S., Uludaǧ, H., Lavasanifar, A. STAT3 knockdown in B16 melanoma by siRNA lipopolyplexes induces bystander immune response in vitro and in vivo (2011) Translational Oncology, 4 (3), pp. 178-188. Link
- Hamdy, S., Haddadi, A., Shayeganpour, A., Alshamsan, A., Montazeri Aliabadi, H., Lavasanifar, A. The immunosuppressive activity of polymeric micellar formulation of cyclosporine A: In vitro and in vivo studies (2011) AAPS Journal, 13 (2), pp. 159-168. Link
- Ghotbi, Z., Haddadi, A., Hamdy, S., Hung, R.W., Samuel, J., Lavasanifar, A. Active targeting of dendritic cells with mannan-decorated PLGA nanoparticles (2011) Journal of Drug Targeting, 19 (4), pp. 281-292.
- Hamdy, S., Haddadi, A., Ghotbi, Z., Hung, R.W., Lavasanifar, A. Part I: Targeted particles for cancer immunotherapy (2011) Current Drug Delivery, 8 (3), pp. 261-273.
- Hung, R.W., Hamdy, S., Haddadi, A., Ghotbi, Z., Lavasanifar, A. Part II: Targeted particles for imaging of anticancer immune responses (2011) Current Drug Delivery, 8 (3), pp. 274-281.
- Alshamsan, A., Haddadi, A., Hamdy, S., Samuel, J., El-Kadi, A.O.S., Uludaǧ, H., Lavasanifar, A. STAT3 silencing in dendritic cells by siRNA polyplexes encapsulated in PLGA nanoparticles for the modulation of anticancer immune response (2010) Molecular Pharmaceutics, 7 (5), pp. 1643-1654.