Dr. Kerry Mansell is an associate professor and assistant dean for the Division of Pharmacy. He received his BSP and MBA from the University of Saskatchewan and his PharmD from the University of Washington. He has previously been board chair for the Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan and the Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada, as well as a board member of the Canadian Pharmacists Association.
Research, Teaching, and Service
Dr. Mansell’s research program focuses on diabetes as well as issues related to pharmacy practice. He is interested in how these two areas of research intertwine, particularly with respect to self-monitoring of blood glucose. Dr. Mansell is currently a national consultant editor for the Canadian Journal of Diabetes, and a member of the Canadian Drug Expert Committee, an advisory body to the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health. Dr. Mansell teaches in the pharmacy program in areas related to therapeutics, such as diabetes, women’s health, and biotechnology. As assistant dean of Pharmacy, he is actively involved in the development and delivery of the Doctorate of Pharmacy Program, which will begin in the fall of 2017.
- Blackburn DF, Evans CD, Eurich DT, Mansell KD, Jorgenson DJ, Taylor JG, Semchuk WM, Shevchuk YM, Remillard AJ, Tran DA, Champagne AP. Community Pharmacists Assisting in Total Cardiovascular Health (CPATCH): A Cluster-Randomized, Controlled Trial Testing a Focused Adherence Strategy Involving Community Pharmacies. Pharmacotherapy. 2016 Oct;36(10):1055-1064.
- Taylor J, Mansell K. Minor Ailment Prescribing: Part I – Pharmacist Feedback. SelfCare. 2016;7(1)10-21.
- Mansell K, Bruneau-Bouchard A, Bruni-Bossio V. An assessment of demand for a combined PharmD-MBA program at the University of Saskatchewan. Pharmacy. 2016,4,20; doi:10.3390/pharmacy4020020.
- Mansell K, Evans C, Tran D, Sevany S, 2016. The association between self-monitoring of blood glucose, hemoglobin A1C and testing patterns in community pharmacies: Results of a pilot study. Can Pharm J, 149(1): 28-37.
- Pammett R, Blackburn D, Taylor J, Mansell K, Kwan D, Papoushek C, Jorgenson D. Evaluation of a Community Pharmacy-Based Screening Questionnaire to Identify Patients at Risk for Drug Therapy Problems. Pharmacotherapy. 2015;35(9): 881-886.
- Alzahrani F, Taylor J, Perepelkin J, Mansell K. A Qualitative Assessment of the Practice Experiences of Certified Diabetes Educator Pharmacists. Can J Diabetes, 2015;39(4): 254-8.
- Mansell K, Boostman N, Kuntz A, Taylor J. Evaluating pharmacist prescribing for minor ailments, International Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2015;23(2):95-101.
- Alsabbagh W, Mansell K, Lix L, Teare G, Shevchuk Y, Lu X, Champagne A, Blackburn D. Trends in prevalence, incidence and pharmacologic management of diabetes among seniors newly admitted to long-term care facilities in Saskatchewan between 2003 and 2011. Canadian Journal Diabetes. 2015;39(2):138-145.
- Malek S, Taylor J, Mansell K. A questionnaire examining attitudes of collegiate athletes toward doping and pharmacists as information providers. Can Pharm J. 2014;147(6):352-8.