About the MAC
The Medication Assessment Centre (MAC) is a pharmacist-led, patient-centered service through the College of Pharmacy and Nutrition at the University of Saskatchewan. The MAC’s goal is to optimize your health through improved medication use and side effect management. The MAC is also a teaching facility which is focused on enhancing the learning of students, as well as practicing pharmacists, in the area of medication management.
Our VisionTo demonstrate national leadership in the education of health professionals while optimizing the health of our community. Additionally, to improve access to specialty chronic pain and opioid pharmacotherapy management services through a novel team-based approach.
Our MissionTo demonstrate national leadership in the education of health professionals while optimizing the health of our community. Additionally, to provide evidence-based clinical care for Saskatchewan residents with chronic pain and/or who regularly use prescription opioids.
Our Core Values
In delivering on its mission, the MAC values:
- Patient safety - by collaborating with the patient and their health care team, we will strive to optimize the safety of each patient's medications.
- Individualized patient care - by establishing patient-specific goals, and tailoring education and management strategies using an evidence-based approach to meet those goals.
- Professionalism - by maintaining the highest standard of clinical care and ethical conduct.
- Collaboration - by establishing effective relationships with patients, their care providers and other community resources.
- Innovation - by continuing to expore unique methods for providing care to patients with chronic pain and/or regular prescription opioid use.