This session facilitated by medSask and CPDPP will provide information and resources for all health care providers about the upcoming changes from compounded methadone to commercially available products and how to support people taking methadone during the transition.
This recorded webinar includes a presentation followed by a question period.
Target Audience: Healthcare professionals in Saskatchewan who support people taking methadone
- Amy Wiebe (Continuing Professional Development for Pharmacy Professionals)
- Kris Berg (Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan)
- Janis Johnson (Saskatchewan Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch)
- Dr. Morris Markentin (OATP Medical Manager, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan)
Registration: To view the recording of the webinar and Q&A section, follow the registration link below.
- Summarize reasons for the change in available methadone products in Saskatchewan.
- Describe the different commercially available methadone products available in Saskatchewan and support product selection.
- Demonstrate strategies and workflow processes to enhance patient safety through the transition period.
- Explain updates to pharmacy billing for commercially available methadone products.