The MAC iOPS (Medication Assessment Centre Interprofessional Opioid Pain Service) delivers individualized, patient-centered access to chronic pain management in Saskatchewan. Our team consists of pharmacists, social workers and a physical therapist who have training and experience in chronic pain management who collaborate with a physician with an established practice in chronic pain.
Please scroll down to find our referral form and health professional brochure.
To improve access to specialty chronic pain and opioid pharmacotherapy management services through a novel team-based approach.
To provide evidence-based clinical care for Saskatchewan residents with chronic pain and/or who regularly use prescription opioids.
In delivering on its mission, the MAC iOPS values:
- Patient safety - by collaborating with the patient and his/her health care team, we will strive to optimize the safety of each patient's medications.
- Individualized patient care - by establishing patient-specific goals, and tailoring education and management strategies using an evidence-based approach to meet those goals.
- Professionalism - by maintaining the highest standard of clinical care and ethical conduct.
- Collaboration - by establishing effective relationships with patients, their care providers and other community resources.
- Innovation - by continuing to expore unique methods for providing care to patients with chronic pain and/or regular prescription opioid use.