Respiratory Viruses Update - Webinar
Hosted by USask CPE and featuring speakers from medSask, DPEBB, SCPP, and PAS this webinar reviews the eligibility criteria and standards of practice for administering COVID-19 and influenza vaccines during the Fall 2023 campaign, as well as guideline updates for pharmacist prescribing of COVID-19 and influenza anti-viral treatments in Saskatchewan. RSV vaccine is also discussed.
Accreditation: Accredited by USask CPE for 1.0 CEUs
Target Audience: Pharmacy professionals in Saskatchewan
Format: Online Webinar
Date: Recorded on Tuesday, September 26th, 2023
Hosted by: USask Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Kelly Kizlyk, BSP - medSask
- Myla Bulych, BSP - Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch, Ministry of Health (DPEBB)
- Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals (SCPP)
- Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan (PAS)
Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Outline updates to COVID-19 and Influenza vaccine availability and eligibility criteria as well as the Fall immunization campaign in Saskatchewan.
- Describe eligibility criteria and standards of practice for:
- influenza antiviral prescribing
- COVID-19 antiviral prescribing
- RSV vaccine prescribing and administration
- Identify helpful resources for more information on respiratory virus vaccine administration, prescribing, and treatment.
- Summarize provincial drug billing procedures for respiratory virus prescribing and vaccine administration.