Claiming Continuing Education Units
According to the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals: To meet the continuing competency/education requirements of the SCPP Regulatory Bylaws, Practising members must have acquired and logged 15 CEUs between April 1 of the previous membership year and June 1 of the year following. For example, for the 2018-2019 membership year, acquire CEUs between April 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018. The paper log is not required to be submitted to SCPP - a declaration will be available in the online renewal application.
- You are responsible for maintaining a record of your continuing education accomplishments by using the Professional Development Log (PDL).
- CEUs earned are documented on individual Learning Project Record sheets (see below) or CEU certificates.
- Keep a copy of each year's PDL, as well as all supporting documentation or materials, for a total of 7 years. The documentation will be required in the event that you are audited by SCPP.
Claiming Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
- CEUs should be claimed for a program, course, or reading topic that is relevant to the practice of pharmacy.
- The Learning Project Record (LPR) sheets give evidence of learning to support the claim of maintenance of competence. Include relevant support material with your LPR Sheet, such as attendance certificates, program brochures, notes, bibliographies, journal citations, and reference lists.
- When writing up "Non-accredited" LPR sheets, a maximum of 4 hours only can be claimed per LPR sheet.
- 1 MainPro credit = 1 CEU
- 0.1 ACPE credit = 1 CEU
- If you have prepared and delivered a workshop or presentation to fellow healthcare professionals or at a public forum, you may qualify for CEUs for your effort and learning experience. You can count your reading and research time, but the actual presentation and question & answer time does not count for CEUs. This would be considered self-directed learning and would be wrritten up on the "Non-Accredited Professional Development" LPR sheet.
The Saskatchewan Pharmacy Professionals Learning Portfolio
The Saskatchewan Pharmacy Professionals Learning Portfolio has been developed to help you track your professional development activities, and reflect on the practice-related outcomes of your learning. It recognizes a broader scope of learning activities than traditional continuing pharmacy education.
Learning Project Record - Accredited Self-Study CE Program - Word
Learning Project Record - Accredited Self-Study CE Program - PDF
Learning Project Record - Non-Accredited Professional Development - Word
Learning Project Record - Non-Accredited Professional Development - PDF