Pre-award services for researchers
Research Facilitators work closely with researchers to help achieve funding success and research impact. Pre-award support services are designed to save researchers time and add value to their programs of research.
- Finding funding opportunities
- Planning - Advice on eligibility and fit with funding opportunity
- Coordinating team applications
- Editorial review
- Copy editing - correct grammar and spelling
- Style editing - clarify meaning
- Structural editing - organize proposal content for effectiveness
- Alignment with the agency's evaluation criteria
- Advice on best practices for non-scientific sections : CCV, KT, environment, most significant contributions, lay abstract, summary, letters of support, and budget
- Formatting according to sponsor guidelines
- Strategic use of scholarly and social impact indicators (metrics and narratives)
- Submitting - Help navigating sponsor websites/portals and institutional compliance/sign-off.
PROMOTING THE RESEARCH(ER)
- New faculty mentorship
- Research communications: articles, profile pages and research websites.
- Research metrics and impact indicators
- Award applications (regional, professional)
- Facilitating green open access
- Postdoctoral support for fellowships and job applications
- Coordinating internal grant competitions and summer student research program
- Research program and policy development
- Troubleshooting, e.g. research funds, reporting, ethics applications, participant recruitment, and hiring research staff
- Grantsmanship workshops
- Institutional internal review (CIHR, NSERC)
- Linking researchers, finding expertize
- Manuscript editing
Gen Clark is a first point-of-contact for all aspects of research funding, partnership facilitation, and knowledge mobilization. Researchers, industry, and community organizations are encouraged to contact Gen to find out more about ongoing research projects and opportunities for collaboration.